So I've been in bed all day. The other volunteers have been really nice and made me tea. :)
Day 4- Exploring the City!
I did get to do some awesome stuff yesterday right before I got violently ill. In the morning an American girl named Hannah was a little brusk with me and the other medical student Lindsay, so she came by to apologize in a very special way by taking us to the touristy area of Udaipur! Here is me in a tempo on the way there, which is like a rickshaw that can fit more people. It was only 7 rupees, about 15 cents!
Lovely mural
Why are there so many boxes?!
We had a beautiful lakefront view in the cafe. In the distance you can see the hotel where "Octopussy" was filmed, which I was just discussing how horrible that name is. Does it mean eight vaginas, or an octopus' vagina? This province of Rajasthan is very conservative, and I can just imagine the horror of some poor conservative old lady having to say she's from the city where "Octo*****" was filmed.
The three men in the picture below were remodeling the fascade of this arch facing the lake. One guy was slathering red clay on the wall very slowly, while the other two men watched. It took them about an hour to cover three square feet. Can you tell the guy in the purple shirt is smiling at me? I was staring at them, and then he kept smiling suggestively at me. After letting out a shriek, I quickly turned away.
I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a fun outing before being banished to the awful prison of food poisoning. Although I would be careful about staring at strange men, considering the climate and attitudes towards women. Be safe!
ReplyDelete