Sunday, October 4, 2009

A few tidbits

The other day, I held a human heart in my hands and asked "Can I borrow this for a second?" Just thought that was weird.

Recently, the M1 class has been in a huge uproar about a certain histology test we took last Friday. The entire test was a guessing game for most people, and the average was 61% (oops!). 24 people out of 177 people in the class failed. I got a 64%, woohoo! I have never been so happy to get a D in my life!

That week we had had a biochemistry test on Monday, so on Friday after the histology test everyone just wanted to drink away their sorrows. I was heading to a street corner to meet up with people before we headed out, and suddenly I noticed a huge horde of bikers streaming across the street. When I got to the street corner, they just kept coming, and everyone was shouting "Happy Friday!" to me! So I stuck my hand out for a high-five and gave about 50+ passing bikers five. :) It was pretty fun, although I wanted to wash my hand really bad afterwards. One guy even had a two-seater and pulled over and said he'd give me a ride. (I declined.) Apparently the bikers were participating in Critical Mass, where two Fridays a month a ton of bikers meet at Daley Plaza and bike through Chicago to clog the streets and get people to stop driving. Maybe I will join them next time! Here is a picture of them meeting in Daley Plaza that I found online.
This last Friday was my friend's birthday, so we went to a club called Crobar. Before we went out, we hung out at another friend's apartment and ate a tart made by me! Here is a picture of it (this is for you, Ursula):

It is an Alsatian apple tart, which turned out pretty well. When I made it, I had some extra crust which I baked separately, and stupidly did not wait to put it in my mouth. It sizzled, frying my saliva and my tastebuds. Hehe.

The club was pretty cool, I'd never been to a club in Chicago before. I guess they were trying to act cool, so when we got there the bouncer asked us "Can I help you?" in a rude voice. And when we asked about wristbands, he said "What wristbands? There are no wristbands here." And then we promptly got wristbands from the next guy down the line. Hehe. Here is a picture I took of the club.

Also, Xochil (my roommate) and I were studying one day in her room when there was a party going on downstairs. We were a little annoyed, but kept studying. A little while later, Xochil turned to me and said that the noises sounded like they were coming from right outside on the porch. We didn't think anything of it, until we looked out her window (which is high up) and saw a butt and a leg. People were climbing up our ladder onto the roof! So we opened the door that leads out into the porch and gave an evil eye to an intoxicated girl standing outside our door. Then the next day we climbed the ladder ourselves, and viola! I have a skyline view!

3 comments:

  1. My brother has participated in Critical Mass in Atlanta. They used to ride right pass his apartment. The first I saw it, I thought it was a huge bike gang. You should totally do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I saw the apple tart photo, I wasn't able to retain anything else I read... it looks so good! Awhile back, Christine, Brian, & I made an apple tart from French cooking book I brought from Paris, with dark chocolate and brown sugar... so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you looked for a picture online. That is sooo Stephanie. I hope you are free Thanksgiving Breakish time. I will be coming home for a bit.

    ReplyDelete