Thursday, June 3, 2010

San Francisco so far!

San Francisco is a ridiculous city. I am staying in an area called the Mission, which is named after the Mission Dolores church, built in 1791 and the oldest surviving structure in San Francisco.

It's hard to describe the Mission because it has every type of person. It has Mexicans, lesbians, hipsters, prostitutes and foodies. There are these gorgeous murals everywhere, and a lot of the buildings are painted with bright colors. Down the street from me is a 3D mural with a woman giving birth. The look on the woman's face is so weird, I'll have to take a picture and post it.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures so far, but here is a picture with a small mural in it. I actually took a picture because I thought this guy looked interesting, the guy wearing all black. I wonder if his wardrobe is entirely black. Sorry the picture is poorly taken, I was worried that the guy would notice and get creeped out.



Yesterday I saw a patient who came in for medication for chlamydia. In California (I'm not sure about other states) you can prescribe medication for the patient's partners as well, so she was going away with two extra doses of medication for her partners. She was so endearing, because she didn't want to tell her boyfriend that he could have chlamydia, and asked if she could pass the pills off as vitamins. :)

3 comments:

  1. She must think her boyfriend is pretty stupid! I've never seen prescription pills that could pass for vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah it would have been pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission looks interesting. I really like walking around looking at street art.

    ReplyDelete