On the bus to the train, I sat next to this crazy Rastafarian. He smelled so strongly of pot, I think he must bath in it. There were two nuns who got on the bus too who were clothed in beautiful white robes and also draped over their heads. They kept talking about how to get away from the smell, I don't know if they knew what the smell was, haha. The Rasta was rolling a cart with a lot of small bottles inside. He had used red, yellow, and green duct tape to decorate the cart and make it look Rastafarian. I asked him what they were, but he said they were just oils and incense. I was sorely disappointed, because I thought he was rolling along a giant cart of pot.
As a bunch of people exited the bus, a weird man was standing just outside the doors and grabbed and kissed (on the cheek) two of the women from the bus. I'm glad it wasn't me!
When I got on the high speed train, I saw a man drop a quarter. I was about to tell him he dropped it, but then I thought, "I can be a quarter richer!" Plus I have been competing with Ms. Chris Eden to collect found change, and I thought a quarter would equal 25 pennies picked up from the ground. So I didn't tell him and now I am loaded.
Seeing Terry was super fun. He is a grad student in chemistry at Berkeley, and I know him from college. First we walked a little through Berkeley. There is a bell tower at Berkeley that I wanted to take a picture of, but I don't like pictures without people, so I included his huge head in the picture.
One other entertaining thing at Berkeley besides Terry Chang's massive head in this picture is this building Terry uses called Giauque. $10 if you can pronounced it correctly...it's pronounced the same as the word "joke!!" Its name is perfect.
We went to eat hotpot with his chemistry grad school friends. They were all entertainingly nerdy. I think people who are nerdy talk in a certain way. They all talked in a relaxed way where the conversation was relatively slow. One of them would make a joke about chemistry, that sounded more like a sarcastic statement, but not sarcastic in a negative way. Then they would all break out laughing in a goofy, nerdy gawf.
why would you keep pot in jars? bad guess Tifan.
ReplyDeleteThe Glauque building is hilarious.
San Fran public transportation sounds like quite the adventure.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to meet up with Terry. It may be a little lame, but I think it's nice that people you know spend time with other people you know, even if you weren't involved.