Today was my mom's last day in Taiwan, so we paid a visit to my grandmother and had dinner with my grandfather। I knew my grandmother would say I was fat this visit because the first visit she didn't say anything. Sure enough, she told me to lose weight. No eating snacks at night, she said. Humph. :)
My grandfather was nice as usual। He is just a naturally happy man.
I am so nervous for my mom to leave! She is flying to Japan tomorrow morning, and her connecting flight doesn't leave until the next day. Poor mother. My mom, dad and I all have the same layover in Japan, although our departure days are all different. When my mom leaves, I will have no more translator!!! No more immediate family!!! Everyone is Taiwanese, ahh!!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ahhhhh! You will be fine. By the way, Kathlyn and I are going to a Patrick Wolf concert on Saturday and Laura tried to sabotage the plan by deciding to pierce her ears on the same day! Not really. But she was appalled. And she might actually get her ears pierced soon!
ReplyDeletei will send a prayer to my ancestors to protect you from all those taiwanese people.
ReplyDeleteYou will be great! No worries. Just smile and laugh and nod, but don't say yes or go with strangers. Or walk alone at night. The end. :)
ReplyDeleteAww! I didn't read this in time, but I'm glad you survived. I only remember like 10 phrases from when I was in Japan, though I doubt any of them would have been helpful (okay, maybe "Kore wa nan desu ka" = "What is this?")...
ReplyDelete