Monday, June 8, 2009

Packing

Ah, my first blog post! This is so exciting! I leave for the Tokyo airport tomorrow morning at 11am and I cannot stop smiling thinking about it. I haven't been back to Taiwan since I was eleven years old. Everyone will have aged by eleven years since the last time I saw them! What I am most worried about is not being able to recall how I call my relatives. In Chinese, every relation to you has a very specific name you have to call them when you see them, depending on which side of the family they are on, which generation they are and if they are older or younger than you or your parents. When you see them, you say the name you call them. It's like saying "Uncle" to your uncle every time you see him. But I definitely don't remember all of their names, and some of them are in Taiwanese, which I don't even speak. Soooo that will be interesting. :)

I should keep packing. Next post will be in Taiwan! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I just found this blog of yours! Now I will catch up on your posts & start commenting incessantly, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yay I'm so glad you are reading!

    ReplyDelete